The Beecher Island Sunday School traces its roots back to 1911 when a group of around twenty people gathered in the sod home of Frank Reeck on the prairie near Beecher Island, Colorado for worship services. Later, meetings were held in a nearby sod school house and eventually gathered in the Beecher auditorium during the summer months and the one-room Beecher school house during the winter. The classes were curtained off in the school with some age groups meeting in the cars outside.
In 1933 the Sunday School was reorganized and has continued to faithfully meet through the present time as a nondenominational, Christ centered, Bible based fellowship.
By 1950 over 50 people were using the crowded facilities and decided to erect a new chapel building which was completed and dedicated April 16, 1950. In October of 1950 the official organizational meeting of the Beecher Island Sunday School was held and a charter was signed and recorded in the Yuma County Courthouse. Also in 1952 a Constitution and By-Laws were adopted and in 1994 the Tenants Of Faith were adopted and became part of the By-Laws. The Tenants Of Faith were amended in January of 2014.
Again by 1980 with structural and crowding issues with the chapel building, it was decided to build a new church building, which was completed and dedicated in 1981 and continues to serve us well today.